Tuesday, October 5, 2010

10 Things That Make Me Happy

Being with the people that I care about.
Including (but certainly not limited to) my family, my boyfriend, and my friends. Love is what makes the world go round.

Snuggling with Zoe
Because she's my baby girl and is a snuggler par excellence (even if she snores sometimes).

Sunshine.
You can't be crabby when the sun's out! I mean come on.

Curling up with a good book.
Especially when I'm snowed in from a good New England snow storm, with the fire going, some tea or hot chocolate, a blanket and Zoe.

Good food.
Specifically: hot fudge sundaes, reuben hot dogs from Doogie's, discovering new places to eat, Mexican food, salmon, green beans, BBQ chicken, blackberries, raspberries, California rolls, homemade pea soup, burgers, warm pie with ice cream.

Music
Music can touch your soul in so many ways. I listen to a variety, but I find that stuff that really moves me is instrumental.

Traveling
Especially if it's somewhere that is very different and unique. See my earlier post on dream vactions.

Hugs for no apparent reason.
Everything seems better after a hug, especially when you're not expecting it.

Learning something new.
The world is full of wonders and learning helps expose you to them. I always want to learn and try new things. It helps me grow.

Knowing I have made a difference in someone's life.
This is my ultimate goal. So that my legacy will be, "she cared, and I am better for having known her".




No comments:

Post a Comment