So I have hit a few bumps in the road recently with my health.
My biopsy back in December showed not only some abnormalities in the lining of the cells, but there is 50% stenosis in my left circumflex artery. Stenosis just means a blockage, in my case, in one of the branching arteries. You actually have a total of 6 arteries: two main (left & right coronary), and branching off the two main are two more arteries. Off the left coronary is the left circumflex artery and anterior ventricular. This really hit me hard because my arteries have been clean for more than 22 years, no mean feat. Also, that I didn't find this out til a few weeks ago! I know things have been crazy at adult cardiology but I'm not sure how such a potentially serious miscommunication could happen.
Within the last week, my blood pressure has skyrocketed, starting on Wednesday. I got readings like 147/105, with a pulse of 85. I normally run 110/80 with a pulse around 65. So, yeah, huge difference. I also started feeling really exhausted. I'm talking pre-kidney transplant exhausted. I pretty much slept all of Thursday, and we went to Columbia Presbyterian on Friday late in the day. They ran some bloodwork, an EKG and a sonogram of the kidney to check for any blockages. Saturday they sent me in for more bloodwork (a total of 12 tubes). The sonogram showed that there is a narrowing in the connection between the kidney and the artery, which may or may not be a problem. An increase in creatine would mean that it is indeed decreasing function. Even now though, we don't have any solid answers. I will get another urinalysis done because the first came back funky, and if I have a UTI that would explain the increase in creatine and blood pressure (so I was told). So I'm going to redo that tomorrow, repeat bloods on Friday this week and then late next week. If the creatine is still elevated then they'll have to biopsy and make sure that I'm not rejecting. Ugh. Kidney biopsies scare me, I haven't had one before.
No comments:
Post a Comment