Monday, June 20, 2011

So far, okay.

Last week was bad. Really bad. Not a fan. But thankfully, it is the beginning of the new week and it has started off okay.

The good: My Spanish professor is amazing. He is considering letting us do a 5-minute PowerPoint presentation instead of a cumulative final exam. The class will vote on it tomorrow - win! After class, I had some questions regarding making up an exam and he told me, "Do not worry about it. As far I'm concerned, you are just fine taking the final exam. I'm not worried about you, from your participation I know your pronunciation is excellent and your verbal skills are beyond this level." And also that, "We need more students like you, with what I call 'spirit of knowledge', you want to learn things and better yourself, we can always tell in the class who is like that." Woohoo! I gained +3 ego/self confidence points right there!

The not-so-good: Today is Kayla's 12th heart anniversary. A bunch of her friends/family, myself and Kayla were all going to go out to dinner in Ridgefield, but a visiting nurse came by this morning and she has a fever of 101.9. So, she'll be off to Columbia pretty quickly. I hope they just bypass the local ER, she's in such a critical state right now, I believe it'd be a big mistake. I'll have to wait to see her whenever she becomes non-contagious and/or comes back from the hospital :(.

On a more minor note, I did some weeding and those SOBs have some serious prickers. Ow.

3 comments:

  1. I hope Kayla's ok. I don't know her very well - only enough to know that she's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Matt :) It looks like she has an infection in one of the tubes in her heart machine, hopefully it clears up quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. and you were all worried pff.... i'm gunna keep that amazing compliment handy!

    ReplyDelete