Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Comic book movie news.

A couple of things have hit the web that I found interesting in regards to comic book movies.


  • There was a rumor going around that Joseph Gordon-Levitt was in "serious talks" to play Batman in the new Justice League movie. Apparently his reps have flat out denied his involvement, which is sort of a relief to lots of fans. I really like JGL as an actor, but I feel like it would be strange to directly cross over Nolan-verse characters since there is absolutely no preternatural stuff in it. Also, I agree that it should really be Bruce Wayne under the cowl and not John Blake. I can't think of any other candidates for the role offhand, but I'm sure there's someone good out there.
  • On the Star Trek front, the official synopsis has finally been released. Here it is:
    • When the crew of the Enterprise is called back home, they find an unstoppable force of terror from within their own organization has detonated the fleet and everything it stands for, leaving our world in a state of crisis.

      With a personal score to settle, Captain Kirk leads a manhunt to a war-zone world to capture a one man weapon of mass destruction. As our heroes are propelled into an epic chess game of life and death, love will be challenged, friendships will be torn apart, and sacrifices must be made for the only family Kirk has left: his crew.

  • Also exciting is that Bryan Singer has announced that Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen will be reprising their roles as Professor X and Magneto respectively in X-Men: Days of Future Past. I imagine since he's announcing them, they'll be doing much more than a cameo in the film. Also confirmed are James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence and Nicholas Hoult.
  • Promo art has been released for the upcoming Man of Steel. Looks good to me! I'm tentatively excited for this. I think Cavill will make a great Clark Kent/Kal-El, but am leery since the project is helmed by Zack Snyder.

No comments:

Post a Comment